|This article, Donut THX 1138/Engagement of Charybdis IX, was written by Donut THX 1138. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
|Engagement of Charybdis IX|
March 25th, 2540 (Cycle-084)
Charybdis IX & surrounding space
Slim Covenant Victory
Cycle-084 Covenant Military Clock
- Fleet of Contrite Purpose finishes glassing the majority of the UNSC colony, Charybdis IX.
- Imperial Admiral Vysar 'Xztanee receives a transmission over the BattleNet requesting reinforced garrison at -CLASSIFIED- location.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee is informed of their orders.
- Most ships break formation.
- 37 of the 42 Covenant capital ships prepare for slipspace.
- 37 Covenant ships jump to a secured location.
- The last of the Spirits return from the surface of the planet. The remaining Covenant ships break the planet's orbit.
- Imperial Admiral 'Xztanee readies the remaining ships for departure.
- The 5 remaining Covenant ships are ready to jump system.
- Slipspace ruptures off the lateral lines.
- UNSC warships, numbering 22 in total.
- Covenant forces break formation and turn to engage.
- Admiral Terrance Griffiths moves his carrier, UNSC Law & Order into the center of the UNSC formation.
- The Marathon-class Cruiser, UNSC Zeus takes the point. The remaining Marathon-class takes position on the UNSC flank.
- Admiral Terrance Griffiths orders all ships to open up on the enemy forces.
- UNSC Lost Sight moves in behind it's cover of stealth and releases a mine field.
- Imperial Admiral 'Xztanee moves Burning Sacrifice to the front of the Covenant formation.
- A single CCS-class takes a position next to Burning Sacrifice.
- 'Xztanee orders the other Covenant ships to regroup on his position.
- The UNSC Zeus opens up on the Covenant Supercarrier, the UNSC destroyers break formation and start to advance on the Covenant lines.
- The UNSC Law & Order fires off a MAC round and knocks out the shields of the CCS-class Battlecruiser, Divine Faith, next to the Supercarrier.
- Combined fire from the Frigates and the UNSC Law & Order destroy the CCS-class Battlecruiser, Divine Faith.
- Burning Sacrifice destroys several more frigates with multiple Energy Projector beams arcing through space.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee ignores 'Xztanee's orders, and moves Bloodied Remnants and the two remaining CCS-class Battlecruisers behind one of the planet's moons.
- Burning Sacrifice pulls back, firing off several plasma torpedoes. The torpedoes connect with a destroyer, crippling the UNSC craft.
- Bloodied Remnants and the other CCS-class Battlecruisers move around the moon's dark side.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee orders several waves of boarding craft to be loaded, and readied for launch.
- The three Covenant ships are propelled by the moon's gravity, somewhat of a slingshot effect, sending them around the flank of the UNSC formation.
- All three Covenant ships open fire into the UNSC battlegroup, destroying several ships instantly. The plasma fire is followed up by nearly one hundred boarding craft.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee moves Bloodied Remnants to engage the UNSC Napoleon.
- The UNSC Napoleon fires off two MAC rounds, but Bloodied Remnants shields take the blow.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee orders Bloodied Remnants to burn the demon vessel. Three of Bloodied Remnants' Energy Projectors shoot off, punching straight through the UNSC craft.
- UNSC Napoleon explodes into a giant fireball.
- Carrier Law & Order repeals it's boarders. Admiral Terrance Griffiths transmits to the UNSC Lost Sight, requesting fire support.
- UNSC Lost Sight transmits back, confirming it's existence to the Covenant forces.
- UNSC Columbia is engulfed in a brilliant light, exploding from within. Covenant mission successful, bomb was detonated.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee intercepts transmission from the UNSC Prowler, Lost Sight.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee orders several waves of fighters to disable the human Prowler.
- Covenant Seraph-fighters trigger the UNSC mine field, eliminating the entire fighter squadron.
- The Covenant Supercarrier returns to the fight and burns several Longsword fighters and a frigate.
- The conflict finally turns in favor of the Covenant.
- The UNSC Zeus repels it's boarders.
- Zeus turns it's attention to the Covenant Assault Carrier, Bloodied Remnants.
- Admiral Terrance Griffiths orders fighter support to UNSC Zeus.
- Two frigates and a destroyer engage the Covenant Supercarrier, they manage to knock out it's shields.
- Imperial Admiral 'Xztanee requests support as his shields have been disabled.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee responds, moving Bloodied Remnants in to take the shots intended for the Supercarrier.
- Bloodied Remnants manages to destroy one of the UNSC destroyers in the process.
- The CCS-class Battlecruiser, Devastation intercepts the UNSC Zeus. Preventing it from flanking the Fleet Master.
- Two more UNSC destroyers explode as Covenant boarding crews are successful.
- UNSC forces start to pull away from the fighting.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee presses the advantage, moving Bloodied Remnants and the two CCS-class Battlecruisers towards the UNSC battlegroup.
- Admiral Terrance Griffiths orders a full retreat to randomized vectors.
- UNSC forces start to jump system, but some of the last frigates violently erupt into fire.
- The Covenant assault carrier has once again began to open up with it's Energy Projectors.
- Another beam of energy pierced through a UNSC destroyer, disintegrating it instantly.
- The 8 remaining UNSC vessels jump system.
- The Covenant deem the engagement a victory.
- The surviving Covenant forces jump system to a secured location.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee is summoned by the High Council.
- Fleet Master 'Nodotee meets with the High Council and the Prophet of Truth. Truth admits he was surprised by 'Nodotee's tactics, allowing a superior to get shot as a distraction to flank the enemy.
- Shch 'Nodotee is given two offers, to ascend to the rank of Imperial Admiral, or join the High Council and govern the Covenant.
- Shch 'Nodotee chooses the latter.