|"Just... dust and echoes."
This project, Battle Of Draco III, has either been cancelled, completed, or is totally inactive. Please refrain from editing or attempting to join it. Thank you.
Battle Of Draco III
In the year 2545, the UNSC Colony of Draco was attacked by the Covenant Empire. Draco III had a very large urbanised population centered around the cities of, New Albany, and Karnak in the region of Lombard. During the battle, many UNSC Naval assets were stationed in system. SPARTAN II's did take part in the ground engagement, as did UNSC Army and UNSC Marines as well as ODST's. For this RP, Draco will be a temperate climate, 1G planet. The Lombard region is covered in rich, lush, rolling green forests and grasslands. Also in the RP, the battle is set in the month of August. The major and most crucial City of the planets two, is the cities of, New Albany, it is an urban sprawl of residential housing and infrastructure, layered out into many districts.
Several UNSC scientists have found a mysterious Forerunner artifact in an underground complex somewhere below the soil of the Lombard region, the object will be described better at a later date. The Object did however, begin to emit some kind of sub-radiation that could be picked up in both Normal-Space, as well as Slipspace, it could be picked up for one light-year in every direction, but it stopped within 24 (Human) Hours of it's activation. It is most likely the reason the Covenant located the Colony.
In the actual canon of the Halo series, after Draco III fell to Covenant hands, SPARTAN II's still on the ground witnessed the Covenant gather the remaining civilian, men, women, and children, and kill them, feeding their remains to the Kig-Yar and Brutes.
This is a canon friendly RP, so stick close to Halo lore. The colony of Draco III fell, so in this RP it WILL fall to the Covenant. HOWEVER, at what cost did the Covenant pay for their victory, that's for the writers (you) to decide. SPARTAN II's are present on the ground, but please do not field too many of them. Various UNSC Regiments are stationed on the surface of Draco, from Armor Battalions to Artillery Corps. Once registrations have closed for this event, all UNSC players will converse on what their tactics will be, and who will be leading what. This is an RP that is meant to focus on the concept of Naval warfare, and I would like actual players to take up the part of Fleet Admirals and Captains, and for them to influence other player characters and ships. There will be ground engagements as well, but I won't really write many sections in which my personal ground elements take part. players are meant to assist other players during the battle if they are able to. I have not Specified a specific starting date as of yet.
Rules and Suggestions
REGISTRATION IS OPEN JUST POST TO MY TALK PAGE OR THIS TALK PAGE BEFORE ADDING UNITS
1. Do NOT kill another writers character without their knowing.
2. Work Together, if someone has wounded, and you can help them, HELP THEM!
3. You can field almost any size element of Units, from squads, to regiments, to lone, deep, rich single characters.
4. Be realistic and stay close to canon.
5. All posts must be at least two sentences in length.
6. Do not field large amounts of SPARTANS.
7. You can use any canon vehicle class, but if you have your own new vehicle, it must pass with me prior to use.
8. Have fun.
9. Help others with grammar and writing.
10. Help me better this daunting article.
Ground Briefing (UNSC)
All UNSC ground assets will need to focus on four major objectives. You can also create your own special objectives (Field Hospitals, Recon, Ect.), so use your imagination.
1. Defending numerous ground generator complexes that supply power to UNSC MAC Platforms in orbit.
2. The evacuation of Civilians is a CRUCIAL story point and is high priority. You will need to set up evacuation points and inform players with available Naval and Air assets that you have established areas to evacuate Civilians.
- Assets will need to locate and secure ONI personnel from the Hotel Crimson in the Red District in the City Of New Albany.
- Assets will need to assist evacuations at the Integris Local Hospital in the City Of New Albany.
- Assets will be holding the two bridges leading to the artificial island that is home to the City Of New Albany's two Orbital Elevators.
3. Defending the ground based MAC's and Rail-guns that prohibit Covenant Capital ships from entering the heart of the city.
4. Defending the Orbital Elevators in each city, there are two in the City Of New Albany and one in Karnak.
Ground Briefing (Covenant)
The Human filth has unearthed sacred Artifacts on the surface of this world! We shall not let their unworthy presence desecrate it any longer!
1. Decimate human fleet in-system and around the planet, and land units on the surface to begin searching for sacred artifacts.
2. Destroy orbital elevators and hunt enemy militants. Also target MAC generators supplying power to ODF platforms in orbit.
3. Slaughter local human filth in their settlements.
4. Begin to burn all unessential areas on the surface of Draco III and begin excavation.
5. Covenant ships (Carriers and Cruisers, etc.) can't land or deploy grav-lifts inside any city limits until the ground based MAC's and Shiva Missile launchers inside the city are destroyed.
6. Locate the Forerunner beacon somewhere beneath the city.
"More To Be Announced" by Covenant writers, I am not very good at writing Covenant items.
- Fleet Admiral Jonathan R. Smith, Admiral in charge of Orbital Operations around Draco III.
- Captain Foster (FFO-XXX-XXXX-XXXXX) Captain Foster is the Captain of the UNSC Pride and currently in temporary command of one of the Battlegroups stationed above Draco III.
- Sargent Allen Reasor- Squad leader of Bravo 4-1 Aboard the UNSC Pride.
- Commander Jonathan Stanley, commander of the UNSC Destroyer Spirit of Anzac and commanding officer for Operation: FORTHRIGHT
- Commander Henry Revkin, commander of UNSC Prowler One-Eyed Wanderer, participant of Operation: FORTHIGHT
- Senior Chief Petty Officer Andrew-306, commander of Indigo Team, participant of Operation FORTHRIGHT
- CommodoreNikolai Torkamentov, Captain of the UNSc Siren's Call.
- Henry McNair- A veteran ODST in charge of Echo 1-1.
- Master Chief Petty Officer Fenn-145- Leader of SPARTAN Sigma Team
- Captain Dameon Opsy, commanding officer of the UNSC Frigate, Citadel of Quebec.
-Irockz707 17:35, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Sergeant Edward Crane
--02:27, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Yihdoree Ritoree Yihdoree Is the Shipmaster of the ship, Universal Spirit and is part of the Covenant Battlefleet attacking the UNSC at Draco III.
- Rythel Tralee Ground Commander for the forces of the Universal Spirit.
- Hephaestus is a War Chieftain of the Vratheka Master-Pack and, though present at Draco III by order of the Prophets themselves to search for something, is not part of the rest of the chain of command.
- Ren 'Telamee- Shipmaster of the Justicar, a Covenant Destroyer. He is helping to direct troops on the surface of Draco III.
- Felo 'Ranakee- An ambitious young Major serving under Telamee, he commands a Special Operations Team dispatched to locate and recover objects of value on the planet.
- Daryyk 'Pehlamee - of currently stationed aboard the Valiant Strategy. High-value target to land-based UNSC forces.
- Veraak Deramee - Wraith tank commander
- Ulsa 'Fornamee- A well-trained Special-Operations Elite. Known to have escaped being killed multiple times, Ulsa is hell-bent on accomplishing his objectives while focusing on survival at the same time.
- Easu 'Iksadee - A Zealot and Field Master of the 'Isksadee Warrior Creche, 'Iskadee served as a naval officer, a part of the Fleet Security Commando and Covenant Special Operations as an Officer before being accepted as a Zealot. He is leading his namesake into their first baptism of fire.-- Cheers, The Leader Talky walky page 17:39, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
Ships, Fleets, Task-forces.
Draco III Defense Fleet
Battlegroup Pride- Commanded by Captain J. Foster
- UNSC Amestris (CC-743)- | Marathon Class Cruiser
- UNSC Northcut (DD-664)- | Heavy Destroyer
- UNSC This Year (FFG-544)- | Stalwart Class Frigate
- 2X |Stalwart Class Frigates- ( UNSCPripyat UNSC Chernobyl)
- Multiple UNSC Battle Groups
- Dozens of Orbital Defense Platforms
--UNSC Office Of Naval Intelligence Captain Foster 02:03, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
- UNSC Kagemusha-class Prowler One-Eyed Wanderer - commanded by Commander Henry Revkin
- UNSC Spirit of Anzac - commanded by Captain Jonathan Stanley
- UNSC Siren's Call, commanded by Commodore Nikolai Torkamentov
- UNSC Citadel of Quebec- commanded by Captain Dameon Opsy
- UNSC Bright New Day- Commanded by Captain Uriah Maxon
- 15x CCS Class Battle-Cruisers (NPC)
- 2x Assault Carriers (NPC)
- Multiple Corvettes (NPC)
- Multiple Frigates (NPC)
- Multiple Destroyers (NPC)
--Covenant Fleet of ???????
-- Lepord Predator-Signature here for Identification
- Wretched Mendicant - commanded by War Chieftain Hephaestus
- Justicar, a Covenant Destroyer commanded by Shipmaster Ren 'Telamee.
- Valiant Strategy - A -run , the Valiant Strategy is not permanently attached to any particular fleet, and will not hold itself under the jurisdiction of the .
Companies, Lances, Divisions, Battalions, Regiments, etc.
- Bravo 4-1, Foxtrot Platoon, Squad apart of the 105th ODST Division-Aboard the UNSC Pride
--UNSC Office Of Naval Intelligence Captain Foster 20:55, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Echo 1-1 A Platoon-sized group numbering 40 ODST's as part of the 105th ODST Division. They are commanded by Henry McNair after being dropped onto Draco III.
- Sigma Team- A group of 9 SPARTAN-II's
- Tango Six Operations-Captain Kryss-216, 15 marines, 2 ODSTs (Bothwell and Belfast, 2 warthogs, 2 mongooses, a motorcycle
--Irockz707 00:20, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Lance of Swift Justice - A joint-task force unit commanded by Daryyk 'Pehlamee and composed of some 30 integrated and troops. They have been informed to cooperate with the Sangheili, but will not be so eager to follow these orders.
- Kvish'na Legion - the equivalent of a UNSC tank brigade that uses Wraiths as their primary vehicles.
- 'Fornamee Team
- 'Iksadee Warrior Crèche - a warrior crèche consisting primarily of Sangheili Minors waiting for their first taste of combat. After their battle, most will be reassigned to their permanent posts.
Current Orders and Bulletins
This will be used to show current objectives, special interests, and note-worthy things that help progress the RP
- Defend 65 Orbital MAC Platforms, the Covenant Fleet cannot spear-head the planet until they are down.
- Deploy Ground Forces To the Lombard Region.
- Evacuate Civilians.
- Set Up Defensive Positions Around Crucial Points and Buildings.
- Defend The City Limits.
- Defend MAC Cannons Inside the City Limits, Covenant Capital Ships Cannot deploy inside the city if the guns are still up.
- Defend Orbital Generators and Evac points.
- Destroy Human Defensive Platforms.
- Destroy or Bypass Human Fleet in orbit.
- Deploy outside of the City Of New Albany
- Assault enemy ground defenses preventing Capital ships from deploying grav-lifts inside the City.
- Assault enemy ground generators providing power to orbital stations.
- Locate the ONI Facility housing the forerunner relic.
Post your content in the chapters here: