Terminal.png This article, Luke O'Malley, was written by Spartan-552. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.
Luke O'Malley
Luke O'Malley.jpg
Biographical Information

DATE OF BIRTH

July 9, 2510

HOMEWORLD

Draco III

Physical Information

GENDER

Male

HEIGHT

5' 11" (1.80 metres)

WEIGHT

182 lbs (82.6 kilograms)

HAIR COLOR

Blonde

EYE COLOR

Blue

Political/Military Information

SPECIALTY

Rifleman

SIGNATURE WEAPONS

RANK

UNSC-N Petty Officer Third Class.png
Petty Officer Third Classs

SERVICE NUMBER

07110-63849-LO

BRANCH

UNIT

AFFILIATION

ERA

[Source]
"Am I pissed off that I am now a target of the UNSC? Yes. But do I hate them? No. They've given me the best years of my life, and they gave me someone to aspire to be - my father. I will die protecting humanity, with - or without - the UNSC's help."
―Luke O'Malley, prior to Operation: ZEBRA.

Petty Officer Third Class Luke O'Malley is a former ODST and SPEARPOINT augmentee who served during the Human-Covenant War. Preferring to talk so that way he is judged by his actions, O'Malley is competent in all forms of combat but is particularly skilled as a general rifleman.

A childhood friend of Edward Buck, O'Malley was the son of Jack O'Malley, and as such was trained in the military culture and regulations before he even left high school. Unlike Buck, who elected to carefully build up his confidence in the Marines, O'Malley formed contacts with ONI to be granted the opportunity to participate in several covert operations, allowing him to join the prestigious ODSTs by the end of the year. He would participate in several major battles, including the Harvest Campaign and the massacre of Eridanus II. With so many chances to distinguish himself and impress his ONI contacts, O'Malley would be approached to join the SPEARPOINT Program with the promise that he can inflict actual damage on the Covenant's invasion. Despite knowing he can rarely see his family, he accepted the offer and was taken to Luna for further training and augmentation.

Despite being looked-down for his age by the other ODSTs, O'Malley would prove himself time and time again, using his skills to instil confidence in the veterans around him. However, getting agitated with the lack of time away from combat, the young Marine would join in a secret operation to steal a prowler and go rogue to return home. He would never return to see his homeworld again, as he was assassinated during Operation: ZEBRA along with the entire unit.

Career Service Vitae

ODST Helljumper.png
LUKE O'MALLEY
UNSC-N Petty Officer Third Class.png
PETTY OFFICER THIRD CLASS

FULL NAME: O'Malley, Luke Alexander
SERVICE #: 07110-63849-LO


    UNIT: 127th ODST Battalion
    ENLISTMENT DATE: 1/4/2529
    GARRISON: Luna
    STATUS: KIA

    GENDER: M
    BIRTHPLACE: New Albany, Lombard, Draco III
    BIRTH DATE: 9/7/2512
    BLOOD TYPE: A+
    HEIGHT: 180.34 cm
    WEIGHT: 82.554 kg

General Notes

Quiet man - usually most ODSTs you hear about are adrenaline-junkies. Cool under pressure, never seems to be scared or worried. Good marksman with most rifle-grade weapons, although pistols he struggles at. Has proven good with a knife and hands, even killed a Jiralhanae using these once. Doesn't like my taste in orchestral music.

Service History

[REDACTED]

Comments

This is the third week in a row that O'MALLEY has not filled out his menu. He says he has put in the form, but the chef from UNSC/LOGCOM has yet to see him actually pop anything in there. In addition, sometimes I wonder if he's too quiet - his signals are subtle and on more than one occasion his team had missed the signal, making him overwhelmed. He's a good kid, but sometimes minor issues likes these continue to remind me if he is worth this trouble sometimes.

Note

Continue filling out the standard dietary menu for him.

Biography

Early Life

Luke O'Malley was born on July 9, 2510 in New Albany, the capital city of Draco III. His father was Jack O'Malley, a career UNSC Naval officer who had married before he joined the military. He never quite knew his mother, who left when he was very young and his father refused to speak ill of her.

Battle of Harvest

During the Battle of Harvest Luke was deployed with 20 other ODST's. He killed multiple Unggoy and Kig-Yar. His bigest challange was killing a Field Marshal. The Field marshal is a very experienced elite in the Covenant Empire, if any UNSC Marine attempted to kill it they had a 98% chance of death. Luckily Luke had the 2% with him to kill the Field Marshal. Once he killed the Field Marshal the Covenant backed off. The UNSC thought they won until the Covenant fleet arrived. The fleet deployed lots more troops now then before. While fighting the Covenant forces Luke got hit by a Kig-Yar Sniper. He and his squad was evacuated off of harvest.

Physical Attributes

Appearance

Personality

Skills

Equipment

Trivia

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.