Frontier Bazaar, or Bazaar On The Frontier, is an Expanded Universe created by Distant Tide with the intention of displaying the Halo Fanon community's conceptual merchandise in an interesting way, creating interest in community-made articles for their own expanded universes.
It is in this intention that Distant Tide seeks to promote further cooperation in the Halo community by connecting the different worlds and characters through dirty capitalism, (Kidding. Don't hurt me.) as well, as to provide users with a venue to display their unique ideas for the community to see overall.
Kind of like an art gallery, but with more mouse-clicking and lacking in the awkwardness found from taking your first date to an art gallery. Don't do that. Enjoy a wall of fictional toys from the safety and comfort of your own home.
For the sake of simplicity, Distant Tide said this to DarthNicky: There really isn't a purpose besides creating a pretty browser to look at people's ships and guns and shit. And for a venue I guess for people to say "hey I like your thing, can I put that thing in my story/universe?"
A rulebook for the ruthless, how quaint.
I see you have come exploring into the dark, lawless underbelly of this deadly galaxy. Let's start with introductions.
You may call me, Sphinx, as I may or may not have been known a lifetime or many lifetimes ago. I am the gatekeeper to the Underworld, a safe haven from the orders of government and separate from the ideologies on the surface. Here the currency is supply-and-demand, our language - money. We bargain. We buy. We sell.
Our establishment is called the Network, the Bazaar, or the Underground. But, we care little for names, we simply exist to create revenue, profit, and provide consumers and producers with the right product for the right price at the right time. We have no rules, but, we have codes and laws. Marred by blood and established in Death. The surface world, the Unified Earth Government, Insurrectionists, the Covenant, the Office of Naval Intelligence - whomever, they see us as murderers and thieves. That is a false illusion perpetuated by self-righteous pricks. We're just honest businessmen, trying to make a living.
We exist simply for profit and we live by simple rules. Abide by the free market, as all is fair when the game is played straight. All is fair in love and war. Those who succeed, succeed. Those who fail, fail. It's Mother Nature. Adaptation. Evolution. The Law of the Jungle.
Screw the pointless analogies, we provide goods and we connect buyers with sellers. You interested in something, probably illegal, we likely have it. Just play nice and be polite. We don't like being screwed. Below are some basic requirements, but otherwise, enjoy stay.
- P.S. As a site and a browser service, the organization is hosted on the unfiltered and insecure world of ChatterNet. Anyone could be an ONI Chatbot or Artificial Intelligence, tread carefully.
- (1) Be polite and do not insult other patrons. No personal insults.
- (2) Do not edit other peoples' material without their explicit permission. With exception to Distant Tide as the founder, though he is bound by the rules too. Grammar/Spelling are acceptable edits, however.
- (3) Merchandise displayed on the Frontier Bazaar must be relevant to the current timeline of Halo. If it can't exist in the 26th Century, then it can't be hosted on this browser.
- (4) Make sure all articles are sorted into the right category for display. Distant Tide doesn't like chaotic pages.
- (5) Enjoy yourselves and promote cooperation and discussion between patrons. Provide feedback to other writers and use the available articles in your own stories and universes. The intent of this expanded universe is to promote a further connection between the many expanded universes on Halo Fanon.
- (6) Joining the Bazaar as a contributor is an open invitation. Just ask Distant Tide before adding your name to the list under "Contributors."
- (7) Refrain from displaying inappropriate material unless seen in the Halo Universe and deemed safe by someone (Administrator/Distant Tide). (i.e - slavery, prostitution, information brokering, etc.)