|This article, Covenant Navy (Cultred), was written by Cultred. Please do not edit this fiction without the writer's permission.|
|This article, Covenant Navy (Cultred), is currently under active construction.|
The Covenant Navy is the overall unified military force of the . Rather than organizing the military into several branches with their own areas of operation like traditional human militaries, the Covenant Navy is divided into numerous , each with administrative and operational command over its subordinate units. Unlike human militaries, all air, ground, and space units report to their fleet.
Chain of Command
As stated previously, the Covenant Navy is divided into numerous fleets, each numbering anywhere from 50,000 to a million personnel. Each fleet consists of awhich acts as the administrative command of the fleet. This council consists of the highest-ranking members of the fleet, who make all decisions of the fleet, in addition to three subordinate ministries:
- , which oversees all conventional military aspects of the fleet, such as space and ground combat
- , which oversees all operations involving Forerunner reliquaries
- , which oversees internal aspects of the fleet such as fleet security and military police, and it is also in charge of administering the fleet's counter-revolutionary forces to put down rebellions within the Covenant
Additionally, the fleet's organizational component consists of three distinct groups, similar to human military branches:
- - akin to the or more so the , the Fleet Occupational Forces perform ground operations. All members of a fleet are to be qualified for Fleet Occupational Forces operations.
- - akin to the , the Fleet Space Forces perform spacial and airborne combat in support of the central fleet. Special qualifications are necessary in order to perform specific roles, although a majority of roles are those for which all personnel are trained.
- - akin to special forces of under their respective branches, the Covenant Special Warfare Group controls all special operations undertaken by the fleet. While technically a component of the Fleet Occupational Forces, the Special Warfare Group is considered a separate branch altogether due to its strong role in shaping Covenant military doctrine.
The central Council of Masters, which is in charge of the fleet, receives orders from the fleet's overseeing. Combined fleets typically number around thousands of ships and are controlled by the central , each of which receives its orders directly from the , the central military command body similar to the .